Black Diamond Campground
Bob Lochhead Memorial Park
Reservations Phone 403.933.5785
A Lions Club managed campground. OPEN MAY TO OCTOBER. Located at Black Diamond in the Bob Lochhead Memorial Park in the West end of town. Nestled on the banks of the Sheep River.
The Black Diamond Campground is NOW CLOSED until May 1, 2022. The office will begin accepting reservations on April 25th by phone and email. Sites will be available for seasonal, monthly, or weekly usage. Reservations are suggested; however, for day use, no reservations required – first come, first served.
“We have stayed in campgrounds across all of North America and this is one of our favorites. The sites are large with plenty of space in-between, the internet coverage is good, and the campground is well-managed by people who are friendly and always available and willing to help. Black Diamond is a delightful town with lots of amenities within walking distance. We will come back here.” – Rv’er, September 2021
Rates for the 2022 Season
|Tent Camping (cost per day)
|Weekly (Pay for 6 nights get 7th night free)||$270.00|
|Firewood (wheelbarrow full)||$12.00|
* PLEASE NOTE: Monthly prices are based on 28 days. Rates include water, 30/50 amp electricity (depending on the site), and sewer.
REFUND POLICY: We do not charge a reservation fee and no deposit or pre-payment is required to hold a site. There will be NO REFUND if you choose to leave early.
Dump Station $12
Highlights and key features of the Lions Park Campground
- We supply electricity (30 am or 50 amp plus 110 outlets), water (potable), and sewage.
- All sites have excellent Wifi coverage at no additional cost.
- Sites are gravel based and well-spaced with extra room for tents and awnings.
- The washrooms and showers are cleaned daily and inspected 3 x times per day.
- There is an outdoor sink/wash area.
- Campground hosts are on-site 24×7.
- Fire pits are provided in every site.
- Playground area includes picnic tables, monkey bars for the kids, and horseshoe pits for the entire family’s entertainment.
- Lots of beautiful, quiet, natural areas with walking paths and easy access to the clear waters of the Sheep River.
- Lots of paved bike paths for cyclists.
- Our campground is pet-friendly (limit of 2 x dogs per site)
- Grocery store, liquor store, and other retail are within walking distance.
Anyone staying must observe the AMA, Provincial and Federal protocols regarding distancing etc. There are NO exceptions for those not following these protocols.
Hours and Regulations:
Check In: 1pm
Check Out: 12 pm Noon
Quiet Time: 10 pm to 7:30 am
– All unregistered guests must vacate the campground by 11 pm
NOTE: no generators or other noisy devices or equipment are allowed at ANY time
Firewood: is available from the office only!
Vehicles: sites have space for and are permitted an extra vehicle
(no unlicenced or unregistered vehicles are permitted in the campground)
403-933-5785 (main office)
Foothills Lions Club
Black Diamond, Alberta
1st Tuesday of month – 7:00 pm
3rd Tuesday of month – 7:00 pm Dinner Meeting
Location – Royal Canadian Legion, 121 Sunset Blvd. East,
Turner Valley, Alberta
No meetings during July and August